GURU Organic Energy Corp. (TSX: GURU) is a dynamic, fast-growing beverage company launched in 1999, when it pioneered the world’s first natural, plant-based energy drink. The Company markets organic energy drinks in Canada and the United States through a distribution network of more than 21,000 points of sale, and through guruenergy.com and Amazon. GURU has built an inspiring brand with a clean list of organic plant-based ingredients. Its drinks offer consumers good energy that never comes at the expense of their health. The Company is committed to achieving its mission of cleaning the energy drink industry in Canada and the United States.
GURU believes energy shouldn’t come at the expense of health. Which is why we are on a mission to clean up the energy drink industry, one can at a time.
In 1999, they launched the world’s first Natural Energy Drink to provide friends with a clean source of energy to sustain their demanding lifestyle. 20 years later, they graduated from the nightlife and are now crafting GURU to inspire the community to become the best version of themselves.
• Success to date attributable to maintaining right balance of a clean, natural ingredient profile and mainstream taste and branding
• Poised to gain significant market share across North America as it is answering the industry’s biggest problem: consumer concern about safety of ingredients
• Strong financial position and sustained cash flow generation from Quebec operations to support GURU’s expansion plans in the rest of Canada and the U.S.
• Focus on innovation with several product launches planned in the coming years
• Proven ability to compete against top brands confirms US$15 billion market opportunity
• Expansion plan supported by strong and experienced management team and robust board of directors, all committed to bring the plan to fruition
Carl Goyette, President and CEO
• Joined GURU in 2014 as one of the three main shareholders
• Led transformation of GURU’s sales and marketing strategy tripling sales profitably over last five years
• Over 20 years of experience in sales, marketing and strategic planning experience working at multinational CPG companies
• Has led large sales and marketing teams of 400+ people across Canada
Joe Zakher, Founder and Executive Chairman
• Plays a key role in setting long-term strategy, developing culture and talent, and overseeing operations
• Seasoned entrepreneur; prior to GURU, successfully launched various companies including being the driving force behind
Luc Martin-Privat PhD, MBAVP, R&D and Innovation
• Joined GURU in 2011; creative genius behind GURU's drinks; Ph.D. in Pharmacology
• Avid innovator; continuously innovates and follows optimized practices for production and quality
• Spent last 15 years in functional food development, including launch of energy drinks, sport gels, probiotics and vitamin supplements